021 887 2937 manager@stelmus.co.za

Village Museum

The Stellenbosch Village Museum currently comprises of four houses of historical interest and their gardens.
Each of these beautiful homes represents a different period in the architectural development of Stellenbosch. The houses, their interiors and their gardens have been wonderfully restored, furnished, planted and decorated to illustrate the particular style and taste of the time.

Below is some information on each of the houses in the museum complex.

THE SCHREUDERHUIS

The first house the museum has restored is the Schreuderhuis. This home was built in 1709, and it survived the first great fire in Stellenbosch….

View

BLETTERMANHUIS

The second home in the museum complex is Blettermanhuis. This house has been restored and furnished to illustrate a wealthy Stellenbosch home…

View

GROSVENOR HOUSE

Originally built by Christian Ludolph Neethling in 1782, Grosvenor House was added to by successive owners until it reached its present appearance in 1803…

View

OM BERGHHUIS

The fourth house, which was the home of O.M. Bergh, originally had a thatched roof and gables similar to those of Blettermanhuis…

View